A QuickBooks ProAdvisor refers to someone who is familiar with the QuickBooks product lines and has passed a certification exam. There are four main certifications available: QuickBooks Desktop Pro/Premier (or QuickBooks Online), QuickBooks POS (or QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions). You can become a QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor for free. This includes all training resources including webinars, self-guided modules and live courses.
Your ProAdvisor certification is earned by successfully passing the exam and joining the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program. This certification will allow you to grow your financial consulting business and gain client trust. It will increase your productivity and help you grow your practice.
To pass the certification exam, you don’t have to have any accounting or bookkeeping experience. You must pass an 81-question exam with a passing score at least 80 percent to become a certified QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor. To prepare for the exam, most people will need to spend 12-16 hours studying. If you fail the first time, you can take it again up to three more times.
This article is about QuickBooks Online certification. You can learn more about the QuickBooks Desktop certification by adding QuickBooks Desktop to your ProAdvisor account within QuickBooks Online Accountant. A QuickBooks Desktop ProAdvisor Membership costs $449 and includes the QuickBooks Accountant Desktop Plus Software.
You can choose to become certified in QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online, depending on the needs of your clients. QuickBooks Online is ideal for businesses that need remote access or multiple users. QuickBooks Desktop lets you do accounting for multiple companies. With the QuickBooks Desktop Premier Contractors Edition, it is flexible enough to meet the needs of farmers, ranchers, and construction companies.
These are the steps that will make you a certified QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor.
1. Register for QuickBooks Online Accountant
You will receive a QuickBooks Online Accountant subscription free of charge when you sign up. This subscription can be used to manage your firm’s books and access the QuickBooks Online accounts of your clients. QuickBooks Online Accountant will allow you to manage and certifiy your ProAdvisor account.
QuickBooks Online Accountant sign-in
To create a free QuickBooks Online account, you will need to first provide basic information. Your:
- Email address (user ID).
- First name
- Last name
- Telephone number
You will need the same password if you have used your email account to access any Intuit product such as QuickBooks or TurboTax. You will be asked to create another password if you have not signed up for any Intuit product. You don’t need to provide sensitive information or credit card numbers.
2. Preparation for the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Certification Examination
After you create your QuickBooks Online Accounting account, you will have free access to all study guides, webinars, and exams. To pass any exam successfully, you must study. Click on the Training tab and go to the ProAdvisor link in the left menu of your QuickBooks Online Accountant screen. You will find courses covering all the QuickBooks products that can prepare you for your certification exams. It is a good idea to begin with the Introduction to QuickBooks Online course for accountants if you are new to QuickBooks.
You will need to have a basic understanding of accounting principles and a working knowledge of QuickBooks Online Accountant in order to pass the exam. Although the training course prepares for both, it is not required. This knowledge can be used to pass the certification exam if you are already certified. You can also earn continuing professional learning (CPE) credits while you prepare for the certification exam. These credits are applicable to your CPA (certified public accountant) license.
It’s not necessary to complete all modules in one session. You can always go back to where you left off in the session that you have ended. These courses are not required to become certified, but they can be very useful if you have never used QuickBooks Online.
QuickBooks Online for Accountants
img alt=”Introduction To QuickBooks Online For Accountants” data-ll-status=”loaded” src=”https://fitsmallbusiness.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Screenshot_Introduction_to_QuickBooks_Online_for_Accountants-1.jpg”/>
Introduction to QuickBooks Online for Accounting Professionals.
The Introduction to QuickBooks Online Accounting course is made up of seven modules. It can be completed in approximately five hours and earns you four CPE credit. The QuickBooks Online course for accountants covers the following topics:
- How to get started with QuickBooks Online Accountant. Sign up and log in to QuickBooks Online Accountant. Learn about the key features of the Accountant dashboard, navigation toolbar and other important features
- How to navigate your client’s QuickBooks Online
- Customers and Sales:Add customers and create sales receipts. Create online invoices and enter payments received.
- Vendors and expenses: Get information about the Expenses Center and the Vendor Workflows. Enter expenses and enter bills.
- Banking:Learn how to use bankfeeds and best practices bank feed workflows
- Building blocks of reporting:Review Chart of Accounts and Products and Services to see the building blocks of basic reports
- Bringing clients to QuickBooks Online Accountant: Review the subscription levels and the various ways you can add a client.
QuickBooks Online Certification
img alt=”QuickBooks Online Certificate” data-ll-status=”loaded” src=”https://fitsmallbusiness.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Screenshot_QuickBooks_Online_Certification-1.jpg”/>
QuickBooks Online Certification
You will receive 9.5 CPE credits for the QuickBooks Online course. It consists of eight learning modules. They can be completed in approximately 12.5 hours. The topics covered by the QuickBooks Pro Online course include:
- QuickBooks Online Solutions for Clients: Learn how to set up QuickBooks Online accounts, discuss billing options with clients, and understand your clients’ needs.
- Client Onboarding: Choose the right company settings, add new customers and vendors to the bank feeds, create a chart of accounts and more
- Additional onboarding tasks for clients:Learn more about how to manage apps on behalf of your client, how you can perform basic sales tax setups, customize payment settings, and other useful information.
- Manage your clients and work. Learn more about QuickBooks Online Accountant’s practice management features, create projects, and track them for QuickBooks clients and clients not using QuickBooks.
- Helping small business clients. Use the features of undeposited money, estimates, purchase orders and vendor credits.
- Banking tools: Connect your bank and credit card accounts with QuickBooks to reconcile, create recurring transactions and manage receipts and bills.
- Reporting: Create, modify, and run reports such as profit and loss, balance sheets, sales, expense, and more
- Close the accounting year: Prepare client’s books to close the year.
QuickBooks Online Advanced Certification
QuickBooks Online Advanced Certification
QuickBooks Online Advanced is a course that consists of ten learning modules. It can be completed in approximately 13 hours and earns you 9.5 CPE credit. The topics covered by the QuickBooks Online Advanced course include:
- Advanced categorization Learn more about class, location and job tracking. Set up projects
- Advanced features Create delayed charges, price rules and billable expenses.
- Advanced Banking: Learn how to import and export bank regulations, identify common problems that compromise reconciliations and more
- Advanced Reports: Customize reports, schedule reports, work with management and business reports
- Inventory Management:Setup, Track, and Manage Inventory, Adjust Inventory and Valuations
- Sales Tax: Find out more about QuickBooks Online’s internal workings and how it uses data for local and state tax calculations
- Special transactionsLearn more about advanced uses of recurring transactions, how you can handle bounced checks, insufficient funds and other topics.
- Multicurrency How to record international business transactions of clients in different currencies and troubleshoot issues
- End of period activities: Review and handle undeposited funds issues, troubleshoot inventory balances, control accounts, prepare taxes and more
- Complex Conversions: Help clients move their QuickBooks Desktop businesses into QuickBooks Online. This includes data import and purging.
Check the schedule to see a complete list of all scheduled QuickBooks workshops. To follow the instructor’s instructions, download the study guides before you go to a live workshop. You can earn CPE credits for both the recorded and live webinars. These credits can be used to renew or upgrade your certified bookkeeper, EA, or CPA credentials.
3. Take the QuickBooks Certification Examination
Click on Take exam to access the QuickBooks Online Certification List of Courses. The exam has 81 questions and is broken into six sections. Each section should be completed in approximately three hours.
Before submitting your answer, you will be able to review the answers from a section of the exam. Each section must be taken in one session. To receive your certification, you must correctly answer at least 80 percent the questions in each section. The exam can be passed three times. You can only take the exam once more than three times. After that, you will need to wait for 60 days before you can attempt it again.
This exam is open-book. It is recommended that your study guide be open for the section you are taking. It is also a good idea to have QuickBooks open, so that you can quickly access it if needed.
Complete your profile as soon possible. Your profile should include your certification badges, your “about me” section and any industry experience. A sample profile of a QuickBooks ProAdvisor can be viewed.
5. ProAdvisor Benefits
There are many benefits that come with being a Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor. In addition to discounts on products and services and dedicated telephone and chat support, you are added to the Find-a-ProAdvisor online directory listing. This allows you to connect with potential clients, build your client list, and earn their trust.
As you earn more points, your ProAdvisor profile also rises in ranking. You can increase your business’s ranking and get more benefits such as discounts, product support, training opportunities, and other benefits. Here are some additional benefits:
- Your ProAdvisor certification badge should be displayed on your website, email, and business cards
- Increase your credibility and profile ranking
- You can be a QuickBooks expert!
- Unlimited phone support from QuickBooks experts in the United States
- Get free or reduced products and supplies
You can add QuickBooks Desktop to your $449 per year membership if you intend to support clients using QuickBooks Desktop, instead of Online Products. You also get the following:
- QuickBooks Desktop software worth $5,000
- You can offer 30% off QuickBooks software to your clients
- Chat and phone support from experts based in the USA
- Training materials for QuickBooks Desktop Products
- Certification for QuickBooks Desktop Products
It is highly beneficial to become certified in QuickBooks if you are an accountant or bookkeeper who provides bookkeeping and payroll services. QuickBooks is the accounting software used most frequently by small businesses. This means that more than 80 percent are using it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
1. What is the minimum number of times I must take the certification exam?
The type of certification that you hold will affect the frequency at which you need to recertify.
- QuickBooks Certification: In order to remain a Gold Level member you must have been certified in the most recent version of the QuickBooks Desktop Certification, or within the last year for QuickBooks Online. To provide the best support and knowledge to your clients, we recommend that your QuickBooks certification status be updated annually. Only members certified in the most recent version of QuickBooks will be listed in the top section on the QuickBooks Find-aProAdvisor website.
- QuickBooks Online Certification Your QuickBooks Online certificate is valid through July 31, 2012. To stay current, we recommend you take the updated exam every year. Members who have been certified in QuickBooks Online, as well as QuickBooks Desktop Certification are listed at the top of the QuickBooks Find-a-ProAdvisor site.
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Certification and QuickBooks POS Certification: These certifications can be obtained on a 2-year basis. You only need to renew these certifications once every two years in order to stay current.
- Advanced Certification in QuickBooks Desktop: Once you have passed the QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certification exam you will never need to take it again. You remain Advanced Certified for as long as your QuickBooks Desktop Certification is maintained and you continue to complete the nine CPE credits of approved continuing education (ACE).
2. Do I become a certified bookkeeper after passing this exam?
However, being a certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor doesn’t make you a certified accountant. This certification simply shows that you are familiar with QuickBooks products. How To Become a Certified Buchkeeper is a good place to start if you’re interested in becoming one.
3. 4. Is the QuickBooks Desktop ProAdvisor Addon Fee of $449 a one-time fee?
An annual fee of $449 is required to add QuickBooks Desktop to ProAdvisor. You will receive all the new desktop software that is available for the year and immediate access to QuickBooks Online Accounting updates.
4. Do I have to sign a contract?
There are no contracts you need to sign. You can cancel your membership at anytime.
These details will help you to take the next step, becoming a QuickBooks ProAdvisor. For more information, please complete step 1 to register for your QuickBooks Online account. It is not necessary to become certified. You can become certified if you want to improve your QuickBooks knowledge and skills.